Data Analyst (Excel, SQL, Music Licensing)
A leading Digital music licensing business is looking to hire a talented Data Analyst (Excel, SQL, Music Licensing) to join a rapidly expanding team in London. The Data Analyst (Excel, SQL, Music Licensing) will use their technical expertise to spot trends and offer valuable insight to the wider business.
Responsibilities for the Data Analyst (Excel, SQL, Music Licensing):
- Maintenance of the core analytics platform and sources of analytics data. This involves the collection, processing, and reconciliation of financial, royalty and usage data
- Examine and interpret data to produce monthly analysis reports sent to external members providing them with insight into the evolution of the market and the ability to perform benchmarking analysis
- Assist the Head of Data Analytics in updates of internal Tableau dashboards to help executives monitor the evolution of the business
- Produce ad hoc analysis and assistance for Business Affairs (delivering information to support deal-making conversations), the Head of Data Analytics and other senior executives
- Field and respond to internal and external queries on analytics matter
- Assist in the development and evolution of the core analytics platform
- Build, develop and maintain tools and processes to ensure accuracy of data sets
- Use Excel modelling techniques to help other departments to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of their processes.
Requirements for the Data Analyst (Excel, SQL, Music Licensing):
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL; familiarity with business intelligence tools including Tableau
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail
- Commercially aware, business minded
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Interest in the music industry and trends in technology
- Preferably holds a BSc/BA in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Management, or a related field.