Project Engineer (Wintel, Windows 10 deployment, rollout Windows Server)
A leading UK FTSE 250 provider of IT services and solutions are looking to hire a talented Project Engineer to work with customers to build, commission and upgrade product solutions into the customers environments. The work you do will reduce the response time for the emergency services! This is a fantastic opportunity to make a huge impact on people's lives. The role is homebased, though you will need to travel on the regular (predominately across the UK but also some global) and our generous basic and benefits package also comes with a company car.
Responsibilities for the Project Engineer (Wintel, Windows 10 deployment, rollout Windows Server):
- Building, commissioning and upgrading our product solutions within customer environments.
- Investigating faults on both hardware and software.
- Travelling to customer sites across the UK, including overnight stays.
- Creating, reviewing and updating engineering documentation such as work plans, work instructions and technical guides.
- Working closely with internal teams to coordinate the projects and activities.
- Clearly communicating with customers with different levels of technical understanding.
Essential requirements for the Project Engineer (Wintel, Windows 10 deployment, rollout Windows Server):
- An understanding of Wintel, Microsoft active directory / domain architecture.
- Experience of using & deploying Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows Server (up to 2019) operating systems.
- Knowledge of MySQL.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and think clearly.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to talk to people at different levels.
- A real enthusiasm for learning.
- Good problem-solving skills with the determination to see things through to completion.
- Because of nature of the role we will need to obtain Security clearance for you access sites (we can do this during your training period).
To apply for the Project Engineer (Wintel, Windows 10 deployment, rollout Windows Server) please press the apply button.