Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes)
My client, a leading provider of a best-in-class video enterprise platform is looking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes) to join their talented Engineering & Development team.
The Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes) will be responsible for core feature development of the cloud platform from design, implementation, and ongoing administration to deliver video services to enterprise customers.
The Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes) will understand the entire stack from end to end and exercise strong skills in systems development and architecture, web application administration including networking, OS, storage, database, and virtualization administration.
Responsibilities for the Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes):
- Responsible for designing, deploying, and managing HA, secure and scalable cloud infrastructure whilst driving continuous improvements to existing setup including monitoring, orchestration, and code deployment management systems
- Troubleshooting issues across the entire stack, writing scripts and automated processes including deployment/management/incident response, to scaling infrastructure to meet increasing demand and providing capacity planning
- Working directly with clients and internal partners to plan and prepare for integration, authentication, and customizations, collaborating to bring new features and services into production and documenting processes along the way
Key requirements for the Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes):
- Knowledge of cloud- based platforms and a strong working knowledge of networking protocols and concepts, Load Balancing and Firewalls, CDN (Content Delivery Network), web application deployment and providing support including configuration, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- 5 years of system administration and troubleshooting experience you are comfortable configuring and managing virtualised environments
- Strong experience and skills in some of the following technologies:
- Softlayer/Google Cloud
- Docker, Kubernetes and/or serverless technologies (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud functions)
- Scripting using Python & Bash
- IP, HTTP, SSL, DNS, VPNs
- Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins, Git.
If you would like to apply for the Senior Cloud Engineer (Python, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes), please click apply now.